[mythtv-users] Screenshot/capture

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 17:44:21 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 07:44 pm, Muddy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if myth allowed for screen shots.
> I am writing a review of a new show on my website and wanted to put
> up some screen captures.

You don't need to do anything special to get screen shots of the GUI.  To get
screen shots of video, you need to run mythfrontend in non-Xv mode, like so:

	export NO_XV=1
	mythfrontend

-- or --

	env NO_XV=1 mythfrontend

Bear in mind that this will put significantly more load on your CPU for
playback, as it disables hardware-accelerated video scaling, so make sure you
don't put this command in your normal Myth startup script!

-JAC