[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and NTL Cable in the UK

Steve Brown steve-mythtvusers at deltabbs.org
Wed Oct 8 21:21:14 EDT 2003

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo wrote:
> - Getting UK listing via XMLTV

Yeah, I've been here.

The 'standard' grabber that fetches from Ananova works fine, but only
grabs about 3 days worth of listings.

The alternative grabber that fetches from the RadioTimes website, and
that can fetch 2 weeks worth of listings) is broken. It mostly works,
but generates phantom shows (from earlier programs) that get thrown
around on top of the 'real' programs.

I send Ed Avis, the maintainer, a report and copies of the html source
files that show the problem, but he has a lot on and said he wouldn't be
able to look at it for some time. I had a go, but it's a bit of a steep
learning curve figuring out the way it scrapes the website.

So, unless it's changes, you have the choice of accurate 3 day listings,
or inaccurate 2 week listings :-/

Steve