[mythtv-users] No audio, odd video during recording

Harlan harlanb at emsmail.net
Wed Oct 8 12:51:15 EDT 2003

Hello,
  Being new to MythTV I have a few problems:

1.  There is no audio during the recording.  I was able to watch xawtv and use
aplay to hear the audio, as suggested in the HOWTO.  There is no audio no
matter which computer the playback occurs.

2.  During the video playback, on another computer, I get green and red
checked squares flashing very often.  If I playback the video on the computer
it was recorded on, there are no flashing squares.

3.  The files created are very large.  A 5 minute segment is nearly 1 GB.
What settings did I mess up?

Setup:
    Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 9).
    WinTV Go
    e-gforce 2 video card
    Linux fndsrv1 2.4.20-gentoo-r5 #1 Sun Oct 5 20:41:46 CDT 2003 i686 Celeron
(Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Harlan...