[mythtv-users] Success at last, now the minutia (MythVideo questions)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 7 21:26:48 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 7, 2003, at 13:38 US/Pacific, Graham Siener wrote:

> There was a recent post about ivtv and the updated i2c patch.  Jarod,
> if you
> get a chance I think you should include this in the how-to, as it's
> "broken"
> at the moment.

Yeah, Axel's working on an updated package, I believe. I've been a bit
on the busy side, and haven't had a chance to update anything myself...

> Otherwise everything went smoothly.  I also took this
> opportunity to use XFS on my reinstall, and I've noticed much better
> performance.  I actually set / as reiserfs, and just /var as XFS on
> its own
> partition.  I used to get a stutter when a recording was ending, now
> it is
> almost unperceivable.

Yes, XFS is rather nice for dealing with large files (by design).

> I used to use a keyboard with this setup, and now I notice an
> annoyance with
> MythVideo.  When a movie is done playing, mplayer quits but it does not
> switch back to mythfrontend.  This means my remote is useless unless I
> do an
> alt-tab or click with the mouse.  Is there a way to switch focus back
> from
> mplayer?

Assuming you're using KDE, that's covered in my doc (section 18,
Miscellaneous). :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE