[mythtv-users] export subtitles

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Oct 7 20:33:00 EDT 2003

> Would it be difficult to haven mythmkmovie or nuvexport create a
> sepperate subtitle file with the closed captioning suntitles? (using the
> .srt format f.e.) I think the captions are in the nuv files as text so
> it shouldn't be to difficult i think. Anyone already working on this?

I doubt it would be hard to do, but since I'm rather bad at hacking out
binary files, someone who knows more about nuv would be better
qualified.  Actually, it'd be really cool to be able to grab the
subtitles and overlay them onto an svcd, or whatever.  But since I have
no use for this, and no way of really knowing how to do it, it'll
probably have to wait for someone who knows what to do.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if transcode/cutting the commercials
out of files also cuts the appropriate times out of the closed caption
text?

-Chris