[mythtv-users] Re: MythEncode.pl Menconder Error?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Oct 7 15:18:10 EDT 2003

I'd *love* to get svcd export set up internal to myth, however, I can't
think of a good way to implement this from a UI standpoint, so I didn't
bother to suggest it (plus, I do most of my encoding on my workstation -
it's much faster than my myth box - and didn't think that there was a
way to get myth to shuffle processing power around between machines,
especially since my workstation is rebooted rather randomly when I need
to work in windows, test a new kernel, etc).

But if I can get nuvexport to respond properly to commandline options,
it wouldn't be difficult to include it in the tree, and then get
mythtranscode or some other portion of myth to call it as-needed.
However, this will bump up myth's dependencies to include mjpegtools and
others, and that may not be a desired option.

> P.S. Chris, did you get mu nuvexport patch or should I post it through
> the list?

I got it, just been really busy at work and not wanting to look at any
code once I got home.  I'll try to get to the handful of patches I have
to look at tonight, but no promises (my new firewall is still calling
loudly to be set up).

-Chris