[mythtv-users] DVDs and CD-RW's for SVCDs

James Colannino mythmail at colannino.org
Tue Oct 7 10:27:03 EDT 2003

Hi there.  I have a couple of questions regarding the playback of DVDs
and the burning of SVCDs.  I had heard that MythTV does not play DVDs,
but then I have heard from others that it does.  So, does anyone here
know for sure if you can play DVDs or not?  Is there a Myth module
perhaps that takes care of this?  Does it hook into mplayer perhaps?

My second question is, is it possible to burn SVCDs from the video
captured by MythTV?  Is there a module that would take care of this from
within Myth Frontend?  Thanks in advance.

James