[mythtv-users] where to get libvorbis-devel source for mythmusic installation

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Oct 7 08:12:56 EDT 2003

At 09:04 AM 10/7/2003 -0400, jose rubio wrote:
>On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 08:22, Joel Melohn wrote:
> > The install instruction for mythmusic on www.mythtv.org indicates that
> > libvorbis-devel is a prerequisite for installing mythmusic. Could anyone
> > tell me where to get the source for libvorbis-devel?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joel
>
>try this link:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=libvorbis-devel

For a search for *source*, the above suggestion is not really very good. At
the least, the Google search should be on "libvorbis-devel source", not
just "libvorbis-devel". More useful advice would be to suggest that the
poster check wherever he got the binary from, since both the GPL and the
LGPL obligate distributors of binaries to provide access to the source as well.

The details of that advice are distro-specific, and the original poster did
not mention what distro he was using. Just as an example, if he were using
Debian with installs via apt, and his /etc/apt/sources.list were current,
all he would need to do is run these two commands:

         apt-get update
         apt-get source libvorbis-devel

I'm sure the answers for other distros as equally simple, but I don't know
them.

The home site for the Vorbis project (this may be what he really wants) is

         http://www.vorbis.com/