[mythtv-users] Sound (again) and mythvideo

Brent Michalski brent at perlguy.net
Mon Oct 6 08:38:40 EDT 2003

So, I upgraded to the latest CVS release of mythtv, YAY!

I was able to finally record a show!  However, no sound!

I went through the steps of setting up ALSA and can play the .wav file
and play videos with mythvideo...

I have a patch cable going to my input on my SB Live! card, but when I
try the test with xawtv and using aplay to play /dev/dsp, all I hear is
noise, not the tv sound.  I tried moving the input to the Mic in
instead, same thing.

Any ideas on this one?

Also, with mythvideo, NONE of my videos are showing up anymore in the
"browse" area.  I checked and the parental permissions are set properly,
and they show up in the "listing" area and they are all in the
datatbase.  Did the CVS version introduce a change in the database
tables?  Help.

Thanks all!

Brent

--
Windows Security... Sure, which ONE would you like?