[mythtv-users] Horrible Video

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Oct 5 15:29:36 EDT 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 02:09 pm, Andrew Hogue wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally got mythtv to talk properly to my tv-tuner card (ATI-TV-Wonder
> VE) and now I get video but it really sucks.  The color is very faint and
> the picture is a little noisy.
>
> I used a program called tvtime, and I get the same picture quality however
> it has a neat little feature to allow you to "finetune" the video signal
> coming into tvtime... I was able to adjust this to get beautiful image
> quality... does mythtv have the same sort of feature?

Yes, but you don't need it.  All you need to do is tell bttv and the tuner
modules that you have a NTSC tuner instead of a PAL tuner, which it is
getting autodetected as.  Search the list archives for the phrase "off by
one" (in case you didn't notice, all your channels are one number off what
they should be).

Isaac