[mythtv-users] DVB recording playing slightly off pitch

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Sun Oct 5 16:18:10 EDT 2003

> Sounds like you have an alsa type problem?  If you are using an external
> decoder, or have spdif switched on then look there first because this can
> cause the player to get locked in certain replay rates.
>
> > Anyone got a DVB card that's playing ever so slightly slowly? It would
> > appear it's playing 48kHz audio at 44.1kHz.

I am using ALSA but not using an external decoder box or anything like that.
It's just nForce 1 boards built in chipset and D/A. The really strange part
is if it were a driver type problem it should show up with every program I
would think.

However it only shows up on DVB recorded stuff regardless of what's playing
it back (i.e. MythTV or mplayer). Normal MythTV recordings are fine always
as are Divxes, mpegs etc in mplayer.

CH