[mythtv-users] Enhancement request - conflict resolution

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 12:39:40 EDT 2003

... I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so
help me...

OK, I swear (under oath) that I have at least attempted to find out if
anyone has ever asked this question before (but just in case I'm wearing my
asbestos underwear)...

This week I tried recording CSI followed by ER.  The problem was that CSI
runs from 9pm to 10pm and ER runs from 9:59pm to 11pm and there was a
conflict.  The only way I could resolve this and record ER was to setup a
manual recording starting at 10pm.

Has anyone ever considered allowing conflicts to be resolved by indicating
priority of one program over another but allowing the portion of the lower
priority program that is not in conflict to be recorded anyway?  The example
I have given may be an extreme example of this but I could also see problems
with shows that overlap by 10, 15 or 30 minutes or maybe we could get into
the whole "Heidi vs. Super Bowl 2" thing.

This could either be a manual resolution (another option when resolving
conflicts) or a setting during setup (record non-overlapping portions of
conflicted programs).  Anyone want to weigh in?

-- Harry O.