[mythtv-users] pvr250 to svcd?

Tony Buser gr0k at juju.org
Sat Oct 4 01:29:36 EDT 2003

I'm going crazy here trying to get video recorded using mythtv (non-cvs)
on a pvr250 onto a svcd.  I saw there was a recent thread talking about
this but no one gave him the actual commands to use.

I first tried using ffmpeg (ffmpeg -i vid.mpg -s 480x480 -b 1800 -ab 224
-r 29.97 vid_svcd.mpg) to scale down the video to the required svcd
format and then using vcdimager.  However vcdimager gives me an error
saying:

++ WARN: packet length beyond buffer (pos = 2054 + size = 2042 > buflen
= 2324) -- stream may be truncated or packet length > 2324 bytes!
**ERROR: input mpeg stream has been deemed invalid -- aborting

(I tried adding the -p 2324 option to ffmpeg which I thought would set
the packet length but I still got the same error)

So then I tried using transcode from the documentation example
(transcode -i vid.mpg -V -y mpeg2enc,mp2enc -F 5,"-b 4000" -Z 480x480 -E
44100 -b 128 -o test) but that gives me the following error:

**ERROR: [mp2enc] Error reading wave data

I also tried using ffmpeg to convert it to an avi and using the
directions from http://www.satlug.org/~bigjnsa/vcd-linux.htm however it
gives an error saying:

++ WARN: [lav2wav] Input file smallville_vcd.avi is not in  JPEG 4:2:2
or 4:2:0 format
**ERROR: [lav2wav] Input file(s) have no audio
**ERROR: [mp2enc] EOF in WAV header
**ERROR: [mp2enc] failure reading WAV file

Please does anyone know how to do this?  All the files I've generated
play fine in mplayer.  I'd love to be able to do this on linux and not
resort to a windows program.  Whats really frustrating is that most of
my google searches looking for help turn up in non-english discussions.
That and the fact that it takes so long for me to transcode into
different formats to try different things that I've started thinking
about setting up a openmosix cluster to process the video.  :)

Help!