[mythtv-users] nuvexport -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Oct 3 17:02:03 EDT 2003

> After viewing ps closely, I'm still having a hardtime locating where my
> mistake is, this is a copy of my ps while running nuvexport.  My error msg
> is still
> **ERROR: [yuvscaler] Unable to write to output - aborting!

try `ps axf` next time - shows parent/child processes.

anyway, from that error message, as best as I can tell, your mpeg2enc is
not accepting a stdin stream.  You'd be getting an error from nuvexport
if mpeg2enc doesn't exist...  So here's my suggestion...   in the latest
version of nuvexport, right around line 432, you should see:

push @{$self->{children}}, utils::fork_command($command);

BEFORE this line, insert:

die "\n\n$command\n\n";

When you go to run nuvexport again, this will print out the encode
process command for the video half of things and then cause nuvexport to
die (and probably kill off any of its child processes like
mythtranscode).  But that'll show you the command.  Unfortunately, to
run it, you'll need to also manually run mythtranscode.  Maybe
eventually I'll write a debug command to print all of those commands
out.  I'll try to get to that tonight if I have time.

-Chris