[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & FM Radio

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 16:17:21 EDT 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 06:45 pm, Sasha Romanosky wrote:

> What about for other radio tuners (e.g. avermedia)? I'd love to see a
> mythradio module. I saw discussion of one before but don't recall if it
> was killed or just to be developed.

Radio tuners on standare V4L tuner cards should be supported under Linux;
however, other than a few 'gee, wouldn't it be great if Myth did this...'
speculations, there's been no mention of any actual work on a MythRadio
plugin.

One of the main issues is that it would have to be integrated into the main
Myth code (at least the part with the scheduler), since you can't use the
radio and TV parts of the tuner simultaneously, AFAIK.  So you could only
listen to the radio if your tuner wasn't busy recording a TV program (which
for me, is almost never!)

-JAC