[mythtv-users] Debian install SQL problems

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Fri Oct 3 09:27:46 EDT 2003

let me preface this by saying that this is just a guess...

i downloaded the deb from
http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/woody/mythtv/binary-all/mythtv-database_0.11-1_all.deb
and extracted it with 'ar x mythtv-database_0.11-1_all.deb'. the code that
you are talking about is in the postinst file of the control.tar.gz archive.

it looks like the deb is trying to double escape the '

escape_quotes() {
     cat <<EOF | sed -e "s/'/\\\\'/g"
$1
EOF
}

i'd bet that editing the escape_quotes sub to read
     cat <<EOF | sed -e "s/'/\\'/g"
would fix this issue. it would make sense that there be one escape for the
shell, but the second one doesn't seem necessary since the perl one-liner
uses double quotes and this may be messing it up when it hits mysql, much
the same as trying to:
select * from program where title=\'Cowboy Bebop\';

theres also a lot of good info about debs at
http://www.kclee.com/clemens/unix/HowToCreateYourOwnDebianPackage.html

cheers,
rayc