[mythtv-users] Re: Blue Screen in Myth

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Fri Oct 3 13:20:37 EDT 2003

Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> writes:

> So far, my myth setup has gone pretty well.  But now I've run into a wall
> with my Matrox G200 card.
>
> When I try to watch liveTV, instead of seeing video, I only get a blue
> screen.  However, I can hear audio.  I can even change channels through
> keyboard input.

Here's a tip i found on the marvel-linux mailing list on sourceforge:

From: Kevin O'Connor <kevin at ko...>
blue screen with mplayer -vo xv
2003-04-30 19:35

Hi,

I was experiencing an annoying conflict between the marvel drivers and the
xvideo output mode of mplayer.  This conflict causes mplayer to only show a
blue screen if it is run after xawtv is used.

I was able to track this problem down to a conflict with the chromakey of
the bes.  I also found a simple fix:

echo 'color_key_rgb 1 1 254' > /proc/mgavideo/mga0/bes

This appears to reset the chromakey to what xvideo expects.  YMMV.

-Kevin

HTH, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson