[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 2 19:02:32 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 14:39 US/Pacific, Brandon Beattie wrote:

> Make sure to visit antennaweb.org and see what antenna you will need..

Already done that. I need a blue one (mid-range directional w/pre-amp).
About $200 later (ouch), and I think I have everything I need (antenna
- $70, 10ft mast - $12, mounting bracket - $20, pre-amp $50, 100ft
RG-6QS coax cable - $30).

Now to get it all mounted. Then the fun begins...

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 14:49 US/Pacific, Jason Schloer wrote:

> I'm actually trying to find out where I can find reviews
> of antennas for HD, especially the amplified ones. Any ideas?

AVSForum.com has some user feedback on a number of them. A guy at Video
Only here in the Seattle area said lots of customers thought the Terk
ones were overrated, over-priced pieces of junk (they'd had lots of
them returned). The same guy actually recommended just getting one of
the basic aluminum multi-fingered ones at RadioShack (but not the goofy
"HDTV" one). I didn't find many reviews either, but a good site to look
at for what's out there is http://www.dtvgear.com/ .

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE