[mythtv-users] PVR-250 worth the upgrade?

Jason Radford jasonml at iconimaging.net
Thu Oct 2 18:26:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:51:57 -0500
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net> wrote:

> send a bum signal), and I can easily convert the MPEG2 to any other
> format I wish, without needing to worry about exporting it first out of
> the modified nuppelvideo format.

Nathan,

I'd be interested in hearing how you convert your video, using mythencode.pl
I dont seem to get very good quality, even at a bit rate of 1000+ to
mpeg4.  What are you using?  i encode at 4m/6m on the pvr250 and it's
picture native is very sharp.  I'd like to get something around 600 meg
in mpeg4 that's around the same quality.

Thanks,

-Jason