[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 worth the upgrade?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 2 14:37:27 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 11:51 US/Pacific, Ben Curtis wrote:

> Well, you guys have definatly sold me on the PVR-250 (I'll look into
> the
> Freestyle OEM version too).

Just wanted to toss my hat in here too, and say that I've got both a
PVR-250 and an AVerTV Studio. The AVerTV card SUCKS. The PVR-250 is
worlds better.

> Any Vid cards I should look at other then the
> GeForce FX5200 that have hardware mpeg2?

An nVidia card is probably your best bet, as they have the most
accelerated hardware features that MythTV takes advantage of.

> I'm wondering if I can pull this
> off with my old Celeron 650 if I had the right vid equipment.

Oy. Perhaps. I don't have any problems with an Athlon 800, but ymmv...

> Do keep in mind that I'm not rich, too :)

Are any of us on this list? ;p

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE