[mythtv-users] mythweb idea for a feature wish...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Oct 2 11:57:37 EDT 2003

> Also, would it be very hard to make mythweb work with ssl? Currently it
> breaks I think because parameters are passed through the url, and ssl
> doesn't like that at all, but for just browsing it works fine.

Your ssl setup is wrong, then.  I *only* use ssl for mythweb (ie. you
can't access my server via standard http), and it works just fine.

Parameters being passed through the URL (called "get", as opposed to
"post" which is form data embedded in a mime structure) won't break
ssl.  It's part of the http standard, works in every browser (with the
exception of a couple of early versions of IE that broke if the string
was too long - like 512 characters or something) and I've been doing it
for years.

-Chris