[mythtv-users] Cant get program listing to show up, everything is unknown

miller44 at optonline.net miller44 at optonline.net
Wed Oct 1 18:47:34 EDT 2003

Heres some background information, im using mythtv .10, newest xmltv 5.19 i think, i moved up to college and i havent been able to get mythtv working since, i ran setup, said no to clear card information, yes to clear channel information, entered new video source, new zip, found the right information, added it to television, exited setup, ran mythfilldatabase, which apparently ran successfully, it said channel x has y programs bla bla, then when i run mythtv i go to program schedule everything is unknown, all the channel information is right for this area code (10 is tbs, 59 is mtv, etc...).  I have re-ran mythfilldatabase many times and it doesnt list any errors.  I have novice knowledge about linux and mythtv, so i cant troubleshoot this myself all that well, if no one can think of whats wrong here then could anyone give me some insight into how the program works, i would assume it is just reading the program data from a xml file, if so where is the file stored id like to v

iew it to see what it contains, i downloaded xmltv for my windows box, ran it and viewed the xml file it seemed correct, so i could also try replacing that file with this one, however if its not as simple as reading from an xml file then none of that is valid.  Would this have anything to do w/the mysql database file i created during the original setup?  Im pretty stuck here and i would really like to get my mythtv box up and running.  Thanks in advance for any help/ideas
          Mike