[mythtv-users] File storage

Dave Evans krazyglue at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 16:55:40 EDT 2003

 I have not built my mythv yet im planning now for it and I have a few
questions . I have a 600gig ide raid 5 fileserver running win2k server,
I would like to either store recorded shows there as an archive, or
maybe even all shows, I don't understand what would be best. I could
reserve 400Gb for myth,And the very next question might be off topic but
is samba hard to get working correctly?

I am very much a linux newbie, I downloaded mandrake and got it
installed and ive stoped there, im not shure how to install software
yet. Ive poked around and done some stuff read some of the guides but im
not shure whats going on. I have a friend that knows linux but he's away
for a month so I was trying to get hardware setup ahead of time.

Anyone in seattle,wa. A myth tv guru??

Thanks