[mythtv-users] Game controller recommendations?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 22:39:17 EST 2003

Well, first of all:
1. Do you have a gamepad port on your soundcard?
2. If so, are you able to get it working with Linux?

I ask these questions because for the life of me, I
couldn't get a gameport working with a CMI8738 onboard
audio, or with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card.
However, with the SoundBlaster Live 5.1 in my MythTV
machine, I can get it working, no problem.

In my area, there's a store called Surplus Computers
(located in Santa Clara, CA), they sell some things at
great prices.  Because I was able to get my gameport
working, I was able to get some Microsoft Sidewinder
gamepads for $5 each.  Best of all, the Linux
Sidewinder driver allows for chaining the Sidewinders
in digital mode, and they have 10 buttons each.

-- Joe