[mythtv-users] Mythtv and mythmusic and two audio outputs

Tony Rein trein at one.net
Sun Nov 30 17:12:31 EST 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 04:35 pm, Per Åge Sørvik wrote:
> Tony Rein wrote:
> >Hello, list.
> >
> >I've got two sets of audio hardware on my MythTV system. One is a Sound
> >Blaster card, which uses the "native RedHat" es1371 driver or the ALSA
> >snd-ens1371 driver, and built-in circuitry which uses the cmpci or
> > snd-cmipci driver.
> >
> >What I'd like to do is have the sound from watching live TV and viewing
> >recordings go out through one sound device, in order to hear it via the
> > TV's speaker, and to have the sound from MythMusic go out through the
> > other one, in order to hear it with the better speakers on my stereo
> > system.
> >
> >Does anyone have any pointers in how to set up something like this?
>
> Set up different dsps for Mythmusic & Mythtv. Probably named /dev/dsp &
> /dev/dsp1. Try 'ls -l /dev/ds*', probably symbolic links to
> /dev/sound/dsp*. Change it in  the "Setup" section in Mythfrontend.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought it might have something to do with that. In my /dev directory, I do
have dsp and dsp1, as well as adsp0 through adsp3 and adsp (symlink to
adsp0).

None of these works for mythmusic except dsp and adsp. dsp1 or any other
results in silence.

But I appreciate your pointer - it appears I might be on the right track,
anyway.

Thanks.
-Tony