[mythtv-users] Mysql cleanup wipe/restore

Todd Chisholm todd at oddjob.utias.utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 29 11:55:38 EST 2003

Hi All,

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 15:14, MegaDeTH wrote:
> Thanks for the tips bruce.
>
> One of the tables I knew I had issues with, was recordedmarkup, I wiped
> it, and ran commflagg --all to repopulate.
>
> In the recorded table, I updated all the chanid's to the new layout,
> hopefully this was the right thing to do, I only had about 25 shows
> recorded, so it was pretty easy.
>
> I pretty much wiped everything clean, found lots of config problems I
> didnt know about, LOTS!!!   If anybody else is having strange display or
> recording issues, I would recomend doing a backup, purge, clean install,
> and selective restore only the recorded, and redoing all the setup.
>
> Everything is working much much better now.

This is pretty interesting.  I've been having trouble getting
mythtranscode to work at all.  Could it be that I have a screwed up
database, from a transition from .11 to .12?  From poking around in the
code, it certainly seems to be a database issue. Unfortunately, my
knowledge of mysql is virtually nil.

I've got a couple of recordings, but nothing that I really care about,
so I'd be just as happy to blow away the database entirely and start
over!  So, how would one perform a 'purge'?

Thanks very much!