[mythtv-users] Interface switching

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Fri Nov 28 13:40:56 EST 2003

Comments inline ...

> This is why magician's illusions are so much fun. We see
> what we wish to believe is happening rather than what is
> actually happening. Please reread keys.txt:
>
>  - N swaps the two channels by changing channels on both cards.
>
> "N" can not, will not and does not change which card input
> displays full screen. Swapping is done by changing channels
> on each card to the channel that had been on the other card.
> This can only work if both inputs use the same video source.

ahhhhh ok I understood the "N" thing in keys ... what I didn't understand was
why "B" wasn't toggling to the other interface.

> Live TV uses the first available tuner on the local host or
> the first available anywhere if there isn't a local tuner.
> If you want to test the video and audio quality on the second
> card, start a recording to keep the first card occupied then
> go to Live TV.

Completely makes sense now. Its not that its not doing what it was designed
to, its that I was interpretting wrong ... back to the magician analogy.
Awsome, thanks for the detailed layout!!  :)

--
Lonny