[mythtv-users] mythmusic and key maps

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 19:55:10 EST 2003

Hello to all.  Happy Turkey Day!!

Just a quick question.  I have always had problems with
the key mappings for mythmusic.  The keys are not
mapped the same as mythtv and this leads to problems
trying to use my (limited) universal remote.  Maybe I just
don't understand what is going on.  I edited the
playbackbox.cpp code to change the key mappings to
get to a more usable set of mappings.  How are others
handling this?  Possible choices I can see:

1. Edit playbackbox.cpp to change key mappings

2. Use other keys on a remote with lots of keys or with
a audio component mapping

3. Something else that I don't understand that is the
proper way to use mythmusic

Also, I don't know if this has ever been documented,
but is there a keys.txt for mythmusic?  In case anyone
is about to flame, I have looked in the docs in the past
for this info but couldn't find it.  I looked in recent
keys.txt in mythtv and it isn't there either.  Maybe the
info is in some other place and I just haven't looked.

TIA!!

-- Harry O.