[mythtv-users] Dedicated hardware recommendations

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Nov 27 16:13:43 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Gabor Szelei wrote:

> > 3. Is there any particular reason to use the PVR-350 instead of the
> > PVR-250?
> FM radio and TVout.

How good is the TV out on the 350? (e.g. does Myth sync with the VBI
properly, is the interlace handled right, and can X drive it in native PAL
resolution instead of the horrible scaling that the likes of the Nvidia
cards do to make their TV outs work with all resolutions).

I was thinking of putting in an Nvidia MX440, building a VGA -> RGB
converter and configuring a custom modeline in X to trive the VGA output
at PAL resolution, but if the TV out on the 350 is good I might use that
instead.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***