[mythtv-users] Problem with EPG while watching live tv using pvr-350

Dave Anderson dave at ineedasite.com
Thu Nov 27 14:07:14 EST 2003

It seems I may have finally got the ivtv framebuffer driver loaded and
working. I'm using the tv-out of my pvr-350 and things are going good. I
have been watching live tv for about an hour now without the system locking
up. That is until I pull up the EPG.

When I pull up the EPG the system locks after about 30 seconds or so. With
the tv-out of the pvr-350, the epg loads transparent,  while using the
tv-out of the nvidia, it loads solid. I assume that's the framebuffer
causing the difference. Anyway, when I used the nvidia a preview of the
channel loaded in the preview window just fine. But using the pvr-350, the
preview never loads. Instead the system locks up.

Could this preview be the reason I lock up when I turn on the guide? If so,
how do I turn off the preview. I wasn't sure where it was in the setup. I
found one thing about live preview but I thought it was for recordings. Is
this the option I want to turn off?