[mythtv-users] Tvout Fuzzy

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Nov 27 03:18:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Nick Breau wrote:

> I decided to hook my TV-out on my GForce MX440 up to my tv to have a
> look at the output qualiy.  The desktop seems extremely fuzzy and I was
> wondering do i need to configure video settings in Linux in order for
> the display to look good on a TV

If you're using the composite output then it will look very bad (composite
just doesn't have the bandwidth you need to display a good, sharp
picture).  Use the S-Video instead and the picture will be much better.

Keep in mind though that TV's are designed to be slightly fuzzy anyway so
you don't see the pixels, unlike computer monitors whcih are designed to
be as sharp as possible.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***