[mythtv-users] I can see the scanlines!

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Wed Nov 26 18:06:45 EST 2003

I'm not sure at what point this changed, but lately the mpeg2 playback on my
LCD screen is weird. I can literally see the alternating scanlines and
they're not always in sync (especially when some motion is happening). To my
uneducated eye, it looks like the even rows are out of sync with the odd
rows. It looks OK on the TV, probably because the detail isn't so great.

I doesn't matter what size the playback is, the problem is the same. I've
tried using different combinations of de-interlacing and jitter reduction to
no avail.

The mpeg2 is coming from a PVR-250 by the way.

Curtis