[mythtv-users] Mysql cleanup wipe/restore

MegaDeTH megadeth at geekopolis.com
Wed Nov 26 15:54:45 EST 2003

I've got quite a bit of garbage in my database, due to all the upgrades
over the past few months.

I managed to get the settings reset, by forcing upgrades to the
database, somehow it was missing some.

However, I really need to clean out all the tables and start fresh.

What are the bare minimum tables, to backup and restore?

I was thinking the only 2 tables I really care about, are oldrecorded
and recorded.

However, all the chanid's will be off, currently they are all 70xx, will
this really matter?  If so I can update them to the new channelid's
after I reload.