[mythtv-users] Cool ATX cases

Shane Hetzel shane-lists at thehillpeople.org
Wed Nov 26 12:33:04 EST 2003

Thanks for the heatsink/fan tip. I'll go get some rubber washers this
morning yet.

I really wasn't meaning to disparage Coolermaster, though. That is a good
fan/heatsink combo. Not the most agressive cooler in the world, but pretty
quiet. It just _happens_ to be the loudest thing in my idle system, so I
pointed it out.

I actually have a couple of Vantec Stealth fans in another system in my
house, and I agree, they are really, really quiet for case fans. If it
works, I should retrofit all my case fans with rubber washers. It's worth a
few cents and a 5 mintue job, I'd say.

I'm a little more skeptical about the brown paper plan, though. Not that I
doubt the validity of the technique, but I don't like mixing insulators with
electronics. If I could find a material that conducts, I'd be happier trying
it.

-Shane