[mythtv-users] DCT2224

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Wed Nov 26 09:51:30 EST 2003

> Anyway whats to point to bug a PVR350? Even a Celeron 2.6 is capable to
> do RT encode video stream. I prefer a fast proc and a sinple grabber card.

PVR350 has a decoder built in, and the quality of both the encoder and
decoder is great.  Use the PVR350 to record at a high bitrate and use
your fast processor to transcode to something lower.  Plus, you never
have to worry about whether using the computer occasionally for
something else will affect the recordings..

-jim