[mythtv-users] ALSA driver 0.9.8 does not work on SB Live cards

Chad Coulliette dr_chad at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 05:42:20 EST 2003

Ian,

The post about the 0.9.8 was from one of the ALSA developers, so I think
it was correct.  I have also confirmed this problem on several other
computers that have SB Live! cards.  If you look back over the mythtv
mailing list database, you will see that a lot of people have been
having trouble getting ALSA to work on computers with SB Live cards over
the past few weeks.

But, I am more concerned about your version of Live card.  Notice that
your lspci output says you have a SB Live 5.1 card.  I have a SB Live!
card.  The output from lspci is:

02:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev
07)
        Subsystem: Creative Labs CT4780 SBLive! Value
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-

Notice there is no "... 5.1 Digital Model" after the Live! as there is
in your lscpi output.  I expect this is why you were able to get your
Live card working.  It is a slightly different model.  However, you may
have supplied options to your card that I have not tried.  If you could
either provide the URL that you mentioned, or post the ALSA section of
your modules.conf file, that would be helpful.  Then we could determine
if its the card or the options that make the difference.

Thanks,

Chad