[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Wed Nov 26 04:19:53 EST 2003

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> So, someone from Calgary in a higher position is supposed
> to call me back so we can discuss this...
Which year? ;-)

> I intend to be quite firm in my (and other people's
> interest) in this feature being available and also to
> come up with solutions that keeps _us_ happy and them
> too. I also intend to find out if there are any _other_
> reasons and what it will take to change their minds.
I have yet to try playing with my box despite having bought a serial cable a
few weeks back, but rest assured that if they give me the same story I will
be playing the part of "Angry British Customer" and pushing it hard and far.
The phrase "It's a nonsense!" may well be used too ;-) I'm also tempted to
have a crack with the "I paid for the box, I own it, so should be able to
use it fully" line too..

Seriously though, this IS crazy right? As previously posted, you could
accomplish the same thing with an IR blaster. I don't quite get how it eats
in to their PPV or video on demand revenue streams either?

Paul