[mythtv-users] FIXED: nuvexport hangs at frame 3 WAS: nuvexport/mythtranscode/ffmpeg problem?

John sephtin at techgodz.com
Tue Nov 25 19:25:04 EST 2003

Chris-
Just a follow-up to the September ramblings that can be found here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/re:_Any_luck_with_nuvexport/mythtranscode/ffmpeg_problem_P81894/
<snip>
Yup, I've finally sorted my problem where it was hanging at frame 3.
I checked and was actually running .7 of ffmpeg.  Uninstalled and
installed .6 and it all started to work great.
</snip>
(should actually read that he downgraded from 0.4.7 to 0.4.6, but I
digress).

Just wanted to update that I ran into this problem as well on Gentoo,
using the 0.4.7 ebuild of ffmpeg (0.4.6 wasn't available)...
Upgraded to ebuild of 0.4.8 (currently masked, needed to use
# ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge ffmpeg
to install it)
This resolved the issue for me.  So rather than downgrading to 0.4.6, I
recommend first try upgrading to 0.4.8
If I run into issues later during the transcode, I'll mail you again...
So far, I'm extremely happy, as it's made it past frame 3 for the first
time.  :)

Thanks,
John