[mythtv-users] Viewing Recorded TV Scan Problems with PVR-350 and delay

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Tue Nov 25 16:43:01 EST 2003

> Well, I finally got my setup working with an S-Video input! My question is. When I
> replay the video I get noise at the top of the picture.

Can you post a small clip of this noise somewhere?  It may be that
whatever is generating your signal is framed incorrectly and you're
seeing remnants of closed captioning data or something.  You normally
wouldn't see it on a TV because of the overscan, but if you're viewing
it on a monitor without overscan it could show up.  You might be able
to use the new "crop" filter in MythTV CVS to cut it out during
playback.

-jim