[mythtv-users] bttv audio (tvaudio) too load

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Tue Nov 25 07:33:53 EST 2003

--- cut ---
        The v4l bttv works OK, but the audio coming from it in mythtv is
clipped badly.  I first figured the mixer (SBlive), adjustments didn't help.

I figured perhaps it was the stock OSS drivers, even with ALSA, no joy.  I
have since figured out that it's a v4lctl volume function causing the
problem.  If I decrease it with 'v4lctl volume 32768' (which is 50%), it's
OK with xawtv, gv4l, etc.  Mythtv resets this to something more like 80%,
which clips the input to the soundcard.  Any suggestions?

Ehm, in mythfrontend  you can go to TV, Settings, recording profiles and set
the input volume as far as I know ;)

I think this might help you a lot.

Jelle