[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Nov 24 13:31:11 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> If you're using the remotes from Tekgems, they're Packard Bell remotes.
>   I compiled from source, but maybe some of this will help:

I am trying to get these remotes working.

Here's the steps I took:

- compiled new kernel with serial as a module
- rebooted
- compiled lircd
- rebooted
- modprobe lirc_serial (said serial was already in use -- saw serial.o
loaded, unloaded it, reloaded lirc_serial)
- /usr/local/sbin/lircd --nodaemon
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: lircd(packard_bell) ready

Looks good so far.  I read to use irw to test it.
- irw in another terminal and my lircd dies with the following:
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: could not get hardware features
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: this device driver does not support the new LIRC
interface
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: make sure you use a current version of the driver
lircd 0.6.6[1801]: caught signal
Terminated
[root at pluto root]#

I also tried the seterial /dev/ttyS2 uart none for good measure.. didn't
change anything.

Any ideas here?

Thanks

--