[mythtv-users] Re: btaudio question

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 12:03:13 EST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 11:18, RJV wrote:
> > btaudio (if it works on your card) creates 2 new dsp devices (the
> > actual device names will vary with you installation, but mine are
> > /dev/dsp1 & /dev/dsp2, for digital & analog capture, respectively).
> > These devices capture right off the PCI bus of the tuner card, no
> > patch cable necessary. Note that the btaudio devices are usually
> > locked to a 32000 Hz sample rate. So, to test this using your
> > command above, you'd change it to:
> >
> > sox -c 1 -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
> >
> > or something like that.
> >
> > Keep in mind that btaudio may not work on your card.
>
> Hrm, I wonder if I have those bad cards.  btaudio creates two dsp
> devices - dsp2 and dsp3.  But if I use any of the above sox commands,
> I don't get sound from those devices - only from /dev/dsp...
>
> FWIW, the card's I'm using are WinTV cards 61111 Rev B510 with an FCC
> ID of H90ROBINS

Take a look through your dmesg log and see if what it says about btaudio
and/or msp3400.  Also send the output of the 'lspci' command.  Those
WinTV cards tend to be hit-or-miss as to whether you've got a version
with btaudio support or not.

Keep in mind that the btaudio devices (in your case, /dev/dsp2 & /dev/
dsp3) are only for recording; you should still direct playback/output
to /dev/dsp (or whatever your main soundcard out is).

-JAC