[mythtv-users] "watch recordings" menu -- 900 program limit?, and slow to generate

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Mon Nov 24 11:21:40 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:44:20AM -0800, Eric Wemhoff wrote:
> running.  I'm not sure if I screwed something up, but for me the cvs
> takes about 16 secs to generate the list for 960 recorded programs as
> compared to that 9.5 secs that release 0.12 took for 942 programs.

The amount of data transfered over the network has increased from 0.12
but I wouldn't expect it to make that much difference.  Can you add
some debug output around the call to RemoteGetRecordedList to see how
long it is taking?

> or so to the cvs' time.  Also mythfrontend was crashing when you
> cruise to particular places in the 'watch recordings' menus.  I'm
> curious what your experience was.

What particular places?  Was it consistent?  I didn't test it
thoroughly but it seemed to work for me and my ~35 recordings.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com