[mythtv-users] Re:Does anyone have a working dual pvr-250 setup?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Mon Nov 24 10:47:14 EST 2003

Sorry to everyone.  I didn't mean to be overly critical or have a bad
undertone.  I've recently had some tragic events in my life and stress
is getting the better of me.  Please accept my sincere apology.

I do usually wait a couple of days to see if myth changes appear to be
stable and they almost always are or are fixed in a few days.  I hadn't
updated to the decoder branch of ivtv until two weeks ago.  I was
running the 250 only version from June or July and I just had bad luck
when I chose to update.  I did try to use update -D but it complained
about a few files not being in the repository.  I thought all files are
kept in the repository even if their not a part of the active checkout.
  Is that correct?

How far back can I go on the ivtv driver with current cvs myth?  Wasn't
there some v4l2 changes to sync the IOCTL calls in both projects?

> I've got the same messages with only one PVR-250. I tried to switch
> the record
> type from something MPEG-DVD to MPEG-TS and the messages and the
> problems
> disappeared.

I think I'm already using MPEG-TS but I'l check that tonight.  Is there
any documentation on what the different streams are used for?  Well, at
least the ones that are less than obvious.  Specifically, which one's
can be transcoded to MPEG-4 by mythtv or does it figure out the
incoming stream type on its own?

Thank you all,
Vinton