[mythtv-users] PVR-250 shaking image

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Nov 24 09:37:08 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 15:24, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> Thanks for your patience Torsten,
>
> but where do I do that in mythsetup ?
> When I select the capturecard it doesn't allow me to change the screensize
> or any of the other 4 options.. or I'm overlooking it.
>
> *WARNING*: beginner in the mailinglist.
>
> Thanks for the support so far,

OK, for 0.11 you had to set the capturing resolution and bitrate with
test_ioctl. For a test capture using dd you still have to do that.

Since myth 0.12 (actually it was in cvs post 0.11) there is a setup
screen for the transcoder settings in myth.

Setup - TV setup - Recording Profiles

There are 4 profiles:

LiveTV
High Q
Low Q

Set at least Default and Live TV.

These are the settings mythtv will use overriding all settings you did
with test_ioctl.

Torsten