[mythtv-users] DVB Remote Control and MythTV

Mon Nov 24 05:26:25 EST 2003

> Ok, so for my next stupid question, I'd like to ask...
>
> Why doesn't it work for me?

Forget about myth for a moment.  Go to the console on the machine running the driver.  When you press the remote does it start typing characters onto the console (it should, because it's just feeding the input buffer).

If not then something has gone wrong.  Check you don't have lirc or something else running which might be grabbing the input device.  Also confirm that you did compile your kernel with /dev/input support - I suspect you didn't, although this begs the question why you have any input devices at all now...

You can also use LIRC to capture the /dev/input stuff and feed it back out in standard lirc format for use with the native lirc support in myth