[mythtv-users] DVB Remote Control and MythTV

Adrian Look news at looksystems.ltd.uk
Mon Nov 24 04:27:54 EST 2003

Damon,

On Monday 24 Nov 2003 09:02 am, Damon Searle wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the /dev/input/event0 way of doing it doesn't work with the
> Nova-T, search the archives at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/ for my
> conversation with Edward Wildgoose who helped me set mine up. You'll need
> to use the DVB-kernel driver, and apply Edward's patch. Unfortunately it
> turns out my philips tv and vcr remotes uses the same signals (well the
> computer picks up the tv/vcr remote, but not the other way around) so I
> cant actually use it anyway.

Thanks for your help. :)

I have already modified and compiled the dvb-kernel sources - and checked that
I am getting the correct codes from /dev/input/event0 using evtest.

What I would like to know is: what do I do now?

I've started coding native support into MythTV for these remotes (by copying
the lirc code) but, before I get too far into it, I would like to know if I
am wasting my time?

Also, I can't escape the feeling that I missing something really obvious.
i.e. The fact that I don't understand how to set-up these remotes is a
consequence of my ignorance rather than MythTV's implementation. ;)

Best wishes,
--
Adrian Look