[mythtv-users] btaudio question

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 23 16:47:27 EST 2003

Le 24.11.2003 04:50:04, RJV a écrit :
> I've got a LM 9.2 box and I've got the btaudio installed.
>
> I verify that the cable has sound by using the analog out of the
> wintv
> card and the analog in of the sound-card.
>
> Then, I run this command when watching xawtv: sox -c 1 -w -r 44100 -t
> ossdsp
> /dev/dsp -t ossdsp /dev/dsp and I get sound from the speakers and can
> mute
> the analog-in portion in kmix and hear the TV.
>
> However, if I unplug the patch cable, I don't get digital sound.
> Does
> the
> digital sound go directly through the PCI bus, or is it sent
> digitally
> the soundcard from the patch cable?

There are 2 ways to get the sound from the TV card : the patch cable
looped to your sound card, or via PCI bus. The former is the easier but
not really suitable for mythtv (though it is OK with xawtv).
Anyway you must load the btaudio module (in my case I did not need any
parameters, but YMMV). Moreover not all sound chips are supported, and
certain cards with the good chip are badly wired and do not work.
So First question : have you checked that your card is actually
supported by btaudio? If unsure try to load btaudio by "modprobe
btaudio"and look the messages (by dmesg) to see if all went well. Then
to check that it actually works, unplug the patch cable, launch eg
xawtv, and run the same sox command that you mentionned but on the dsp
device opened but by btaudio (this is also in dmesg output). I think
the bitrate is 32000, not 44100.
Bye
Manu