[mythtv-users] OT: nForce2, USB KB, and GRUB

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 23 22:46:48 EST 2003

A: Because the English language is read left to right, top to bottom.
Q: Why shouldn't people top-post?

>>> Humm, just looked through the Bios, and the only USB related option
>>> was "USB has its own IRQ".  I tried turning it off, but it was no
>>> good.

>> Scratch that.. I just found it.  USB Support from: OS or Bios.  Set
>> it to bios, and it works fine in GRUB.  It was about 3 menus deep (in
>> PCI devices)

> Ok..  one more time..   now that I have the keyboard working in GRUB,
> it no longer works once linux boots.   Sorry for the 3 messages in a
> row..

I'm now recalling that one of my boards did stupid things like that
also. However, I don't recall if I ever got it fixed. That board is in
a system with a PS/2 keyboard now. Was that the one and only option
relating to USB keyboards and/or legacy support and/or non-DOS
operating systems, etc?

Also, does *anything* USB work at that point? Some boards just aren't
very Linux-friendly... You might see if there's a BIOS update also.
That's about all the ideas I've got at the moment... Back to my RHEL3
rebuild...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...