[mythtv-users] Debian (Knoppix) Cant find the Prerequisites MythTV

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Sun Nov 23 18:54:31 EST 2003

rschul at myrealbox.com (Richard S) writes:

You'll find 'apt-cache search' helpful for figuring out this stuff.  I'm not
sure the list below is complete (I tend to install things as I run into needs),
but hopefully this will at least get you farther along...

> gcc-C++ (I am pretty sure I had this installed in Mandrake)

  build-essential

> freetype2-devel (or is it freetype2-dev?)

  libfreetype6-dev

> XFREE86-devel (or -dev?)

  xlibs-dev

> qt-devel (or -dev?)

  qt3-dev-tools

> libqt3-devel (or -dev?)

  libqt3-mt-dev

> libqt3-mysql

  libqt3c102-mt-mysql

> lame-devel (or -dev)

  liblame-dev

> I have found one or two but they were woody or stable. Is it correct
> that since I have unstable I can not use either woody or stably?

If you're running unstable, you shouldn't need to pull anything stable or
testing.

Bdale